The 2019 CALSLA conferences on street lighting and related topics were conducted at the County of Los Angeles on April 29, 2019 and at the City of San José on May 6, 2019. Subject matter included:
- • Rates and Tariffs update
- • PG&E’s bankruptcy: An analysis of the statewide implications
- • Permitting strategies for attachment and accessory devices
- • Using GIS to achieve efficient, safe and attractive outdoor lighting projects
- • FCC Orders update and the convergence of telecom and civic infrastructure
- • The latest in modular pole structures and sensors/monitoring
Check out the agendas and presentations in the “Documents” section for more information!
What If/What’s Next?
Check out some of the attached links to learn more about the lighting related issues that CALSLA is monitoring on behalf of California local governments interested in the future of civic infrastructure.
Check out Dezeen Design’s documentary on how civic infrastructure will change with drones and in a connected city:
Check out how a Finnish artist is using laser lighting to help people visualize the impact of sea level rise:
Is the proper street lighting above a pedestrian crosswalk enough to encourage safety? Check out these additional options: